Ananyaa Pre-School consists of Nursery, LKG and the UKG
The Pre-School curriculum is basically the entire span of lessons and content that the child will be taught during the course of a pre-school education. Our Pre-School program follows the early childhood education philosophy where the child explores a wide variety of social, emotional, physical and cognitive learning. In addition to cognitive and social skills, we also work on literacy and sensory motor skills.
The skills that we develop are the readiness activities for future reading and writing. The readiness program also includes recognition of colors, shapes etc., Children also master the skills of sorting, pairing and grading which is very basic at this age.
Motor skills: Motor skills include the Exercises of Practical Life. We also have a few activities to develop their eye-hand co-ordination like drawing, colouring, cutting and pasting. It also includes large motor skills like running, jumping, skipping, hopping and use of playground equipments.
At Preschool, play is an important aspect of child’s physical development. Through play we can develop social skills like sharing, understanding, taking turns, smooth shift from one activity to another. Play also helps in socializing, problem solving, developing imagination and creativity in a child.
Our preschoolers are kept engaged in the following, during the course of the day –
- Activities such as circle time, rhymes time, indoor and outdoor play time, story time, craft time. It also includes nature walks, reading, writing, a short nap and EPL activities.
- During transitional periods that exist between activities children learn to walk in a line, learn how to clean up after an activity .
- Co-curricular activities like art, music, physical education is taught by the teachers specialized in the above fields.
- Field trips are designed to enhance the understanding of lessons, like visits to the horticultural garden, soap factory, fire-station, grocery store etc.,
- Special guest speakers like dentist, health workers, police officers are invited to provide more details about the health care and safety.
- Homework is given to reinforce the class room learning and also helps the parents know what is being taught in the class room.
Ananyaa is actually a parenting partner. As for a parent, it is important that the child is safe, secure and happy. Ananyaa also cares to provide a safe, secure and happy environment.
Grades- 1 to 4
The Primary Curriculum at Ananyaa drives the children with natural curiosity to acquaint the knowledge. To support this at Primary level, we teach the curriculum in a unique format-
- Activity Based Learning
- Integrated Learning
- Collabrated classes
- Digital Classrooms
The above methods are proven to be more effective and highly promising format of the curriculum implementation. The methods have shown results of children sharing their experiences and ideas, enhance the sense of understanding and conceptualization of the topics.
The foundation job is done to create Ananyeites as ‘Tomorrow’s Leaders’ at right from primary level by imparting and inculcating on both academics and value-based education.
Grades 5 to 7
The shift in the curriculum will take place from a theme-based approach to a more specialized and focused understanding of concepts in varied disciplines. This helps students to gain insights into their areas of interest.
In this period of transition Ananyaa strives to develop a child with a set of skills in the area of self-awareness, problem solving, decision making and as a critical thinker.
Ananyaa proposes to follow the Board curriculum. The envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavor.
Ananyaa believes – Teacher-student attachment in the classroom leads to more meaningful and effective learning. Ananyaa focuses and emphasizes on classroom environment loaded with teaching aids, abundant space around the child, well-ventilated pleasant classrooms.
We work towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. As per the Board, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners is advocated. It provides a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace. The subjects taught include English, Kannada as the Second Language, Hindi being the third language begins at Grade 4, Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Information Technology.
Our teaching methodology –
Activity based learning:
- Projects- Research based projects are given in all subjects.
- Extensive research based projects are carried out in multifarious subjects like Math, Science, Social Science and English.
- Outdoor classroom is a special feature at Ananyaa where children get an opportunity to experience and apply what they learn inside the classroom.
- Flipped classroom strategies have also been implemented at Ananyaa by reversing the traditional model of a classroom to enhance student centered learning and achievement by reversing the traditional model of a classroom.
It is an Integrated and Interdisciplinary curriculum that is being followed. The curriculum apart from classroom teaching integrates practical works, guest lectures, field trips and project work.
- Integrating is a rigorous academic curriculum with immersive global experience. Learning concepts are followed by engaging activities that reinforce the CCE pattern of.
- The method moulds the personality of a student by creating in him/her the critical and creative thinking skills, self awareness, decision making ability.
- It develops an effective interpersonal relationship with all the people and objects around him/her, leading to excellent communication and emotions management skills and at the same time dealing with stress.
- Students are also given a platform to nurture their talents through different club groups like Math Club, Science Club, Nature Club, Sports Club and Integrity Club.
To develop a holistic personality within your child we have incorporated a number of co-scholastic activities into the curriculum . By providing ample opportunity for the children to express themselves through debates, visual art competitions, elocution, drama, speech and art contests – we help children- display their talents through various levels of competitions. Life skills, physical education and outbound programs are integral part of the curriculum.
The idea of collaborative learning deals with inter-relating the subjects studied in the classrooms. All the teachers who teach different subjects in the classroom get together and connect their lessons of their subject with the lessons in other subjects, hence contributing to the fact that everything students learn in the classroom is important, irrespective of the subject. It eradicates the dislike for the subject in which the child does not show special interest. It clarifies to the students that every subject is vital in its own way and contributes to a wholesome learning. It promotes and augments the content knowledge of a student as well as the teacher.
At Ananyaa an outdoor classroom is an extraordinary resource. Children are sensorial explorers. They gain a better understanding of the world around them when they are involved in activities that bring them in direct contact with nature. It includes both natural materials like dirt, trees, and stones, along with man-made materials.
Carefully and thoughtfully designed with a blend of beautiful Land scaped outdoor class rooms encourages the students to learn the natural phenomena’s like plants growing, colours, seasonal Changes, gardening, movement of shades through out the day. Through our UTM (Unique Teaching Method) an outdoor classrooms are always connected with an indoor content learning.
The use of Smart boards in the classroom is a key aspect of learning that has the power to transform teaching by ushering in a new model of connected teaching. This model links teachers to their students and to professional content, resources and systems to help them improve their own instruction and personalize teaching.
E-classrooms expose the students to technology , helps to be more interactive, reinforce effective pedagogy. It eases the learning experience of children where sometimes the traditional classroom makes it difficult to do so. It makes teaching and learning more meaningful and fun.